Do you require help and support with your charging station? We have listed the most frequently asked questions here for you.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) & answers:
Which type of charging station should I order?
The choice of charging station depends on the purpose. One should be able to define following:
- Is going to be used privately of publicly? – Some stations are suited to be used only privately while other are sturdy and can be used for public charging.
- What is minimal acceptable power? – How frequently do you plan to charge. If you always charge it overnight than simple 7kW charger will be sufficient. If you want to add maximum amount of energy when you park even shortly (f.e. by the office) than you should choose 11-22kW power output.
- Do you prefer cable or socket? – Cable is more convenient option as you do not need to take out your own cable from trunk.
- Do you need authentication and billing system? – For small company fleets RFID authentification will be sufficient, while App access and management system is a must in case you want to provide public charging.
After you answer us these basic questions we will provide you with best option.
What is the anticipated charging power per vehicle?
Depending on the vehicle model, charging with a maximum power of 22 kW (32 A) is possible. The charging power is shown in the technical data of the vehicle.
What is the required connected load per charging station?
For the connected load, there is no defined value but it is dependent on the available connected load. For each charging station, the connected load may be max. 32 A. The maximum permissible current (10 A, 13 A, 16 A, 20 A, 25 A, 32 A) is configured via the DIP switches in the housing.
What must be observed for installation in a (underground) garage?
- Official requirements
- Fire service regulations (ventilation systems, emergency shut-off devices)
- When using GSM, check the signal strength in advance
- When laying power supply cables and network cables, steel conduit pipes should be used for surface installation (sabotage-proof)